Top Signs of electrical faults in your home wiring

How good is electricity? It powers everything we need it too, without it we would either be very fit, very bored or there would be a massive increase in population the world planet couldn’t sustain. But a wise man once said, ‘with great power comes great responsibility”. It doesn’t take much for one of man’s best friends to become an arch enemy. If you aren’t careful, a minor electrical fault could bring your whole life crashing down. And whilst all electrical repairs should be undertaken by a licenced electrician on The Gold Coast, there are a few signs that you should be on the look out for when it comes to the wiring hidden behind the walls of your home.

Safety Switches

Safety switches are an amazing invention that are designed to save you and your families life. If they start to trip on a regular basis then it is a sign that there is something not right with your wiring. It could be as simple as an overloaded circuit, but it could be something more sinister, regardless, you should contact a licenced electrician on The Gold Coast to look at your problem.

Shocks from switches

If you happen to start getting shocked every time you turn on a switch it’s a clear sign that there is an issue with your wiring. There are a couple things that could be the issue, firstly it could be the switch itself that is faulty, or it could be a bigger issue with the wiring to the switch.

Flickering Lights

Flickering and strobing lights have a place, your favourite nightclub being one. Your house is not a place where you should be dealing with flickering lights. If your lights in any rooms of your home are misbehaving it could be a sign of bigger problems and you should contact your trusted electrician on The Gold Coast, NDF Electrical are experts in ensuring the lighting in your home is working correctly.

Buzzing Lights

If your lights are lamps buzz when you turn them on it’s a sure-fire sign of a wiring issue and you should act quickly.

Burning Smell

This is the greatest sign that there is a wiring issue in your home. If you smell burning it’s never a good thing. The good thing is its one of the easiest signs to identify, the bad thing is that there is a definite problem that needs to be tended to immediately. Burning smell is usually around when fire is present and that is never a good thing for your home, contacting your professional electrician on The Gold Coast should be your first step.

Your home is your greatest asset, and it houses your loved ones, so it pays to be vigilant when it come to your electrical wiring. We can easily take the things hidden behind our walls for granted and you must be vigilant when signs of wiring problems begin. NDF Electrical are your trusted electricians on The Gold Coast and will help you with any issues you have with the wiring in your home.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *