Whenever you are considering making any changes to your building, whether planning an extension or just upgrading the wiring in your home there are a number of things that you need to consider with the first being consulting your friendly local electrician on the Gold Coast.
Your Electrician on The Gold Coast will
- Ensure that any existing wiring is safe and that it can cope with any demands made of it such as extra load or capacity requirements
- By law in Australia, you must be a fully licensed and qualified electrician to do any type of electrical wiring or installation
- Many older homes electrical circuitry was not designed for the heavier loads most homes expect from their electrical systems
Your Gold Coast electrician can
- Upgrade and renovate your existing electrical system
- Install a new panel and safety switches
- Run new wiring
- Check and install ground circuits where required
- Install new power outlets
- Wire in any permanently wired appliances such as water heaters. Air conditioners, electric ranges furnaces and water pumps
Before you start any home renovation or upgrading, consult your local electrician on the Gold Coast.
- They will help you with sorting out requirements such as safety switches and ground fault circuit breakers to ensure your family and property are all adequately protected
- Advise you on the correct number and location of new power outlets and calculate the additional load demand your wiring system may need to cope with
- Advise you on the best types of additional lighting you may require, as well as the size and wattage of bulbs for the most economic coverage
There are many electrical fires each year that are directly related to old and unsafe electrical wiring. It’s vital that you have your wiring renovated to address both the functional and aesthetic aspects. Having an inadequate number of electrical outlets not only looks untidy, but has the potential to cause individual circuits to overload
Many older buildings will have wiring that may have connections and insulation that has broken down or been subject to attack by pests such as rodents who like to chew electrical cable to keep their teeth sharp. This can expose the wiring inside wall spaces and ceilings where it can not be seen, but has the potential to cause shorts and fires.
Another problem in many areas is damage from flooding or a leaky roof that has the potential to disrupt connections and the timbers that hold the wiring. Electrical fittings that have been submerged, almost always need to be replaced because of water damage. Your electrician on the Gold Coast will be able to advise you and find the best and latest cost effective replacements.
When you choose your Gold Coast electrician, ensure they will work with any other contractors you have that are making repairs or alterations to your building.
Renovating your electrical system is important if you have an older home, as it was not originally designed to cope with the heavy demands placed on it by the use of all today’s modern electrical appliances. Your friendly local electrician on the Gold Coast will be happy to give you a cost-effective quote on renovating your wiring and making sure your home is safe.